DevCycle is an IT consultancy with just over thirty years of Architecture, Design and Software Development experience. We also have over nineteen years of Lean and Agile coaching experience.
We work across a number of industries, with the particular aim of supplying systems which apply development tools and techniques to solve critical business problems.
We couple this hands-on analytical and technology work with consultancy expertise, with a particular emphasis on helping clients to form practical data strategies and build their internal capacity to gain insights from data.
DevCycle specialises in providing consultancy to solve problems clients are experiencing in developing bespoke software, software architecture and data engineering. We take a holistic approach to software consultancy and consider software technology, development process and any social engineering of an organisation that may be required.
We are not in the business of providing ‘bodies’ to augment clients existing capability but in radically rethinking approaches to make better use of a clients existing resources and providing guidance and support for that journey.
DevCycle has contacts across the software development industry that we partner with if a client needs specialist services such as data scientists, infrastructure/cloud architecture, etc.
Our services include consultancy on, but not limited to, the following:
- Software Development in:
- Software Development Process
- Continuous Integration/Delivery
- Test Driven Development
- Automated testing
- Domain Driven Design
- Event Storming
- Left shifting development with techniques like containerisation (Docker)
- Testing techniques (Unit/Integration/E2E)
- Software Architecture (including but not limited to):
- Microservices (RESTful, GraphQL)
- Event Sourcing/Streaming (Kafka, Kinesis)
- Message Based Integration (MQ, ActiveMQ, RabbitMQ)
- RBMS Databases (Postgresql, Oracle, DB2, MySql, SQLServer, Amazon RDS)
- Hadoop Ecosystem
- Datomic Database
- Graph Databases (Neo4J)
- Document Databases (MongoDB, CouchDB)
- AWS - SNS, SQS, ECS, EC2, S3, CloudWatch
- Containerisation (Docker)
- Agile/Lean Coaching:
- XP (pair programming, TDD, XP planning)